Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bread(s)

    I have recently found out that 'breads' is as proper as 'bread'. "Let's go in the breads aisle." Isn't that odd? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say breads. But if you go to Publix on the sign it says 'breads.' Maybe it's just me, but I think it sounds funny. Just like fishes and persons. English grammar is quite odd, I suppose all languages have their moments of 'why?'
    What bothers me the most is when people say double negative, such as "Nobody is going nowhere." What they mean to say is "Nobody is going anywhere." What they actually said is somebody is going somewhere because two negatives make a positive, just like in math. But two wrongs don't make a right. SEE! It can be a little confusing, or a lot confusing.
    And can you end a sentence with a preposition? If you say 'What did you step on?' it sounds correct, right? But isn't it wrong? It should be "On what did you step?" Who talks that way though. I know for a fact that "Where are you at?" is very INCORRECT. Because you do not need the 'at', it should just be "Where are you?"
    Please leave a comment if you agree/disagree, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment