Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Beach

    Yesterday my mom, her friend Sheri and I woke up around seven in the morning to get ready for the beach. It took a while for us to get on the road because we had to double check and make sure we had sunscreen, chairs, towels, snacks, etc. We had just gotten out of our town when we realized we had forgotten our umbrella so after we picked up Zach which was a half hour ride, we stopped at a Walgreens. Or was it a CVS, no I believe it was a Walgreens. Anyway, the umbrella was all different bright colors, quite nice in my opinion. The rest of the ride we listened to music, and mumbled the words to the music in anticipation of arriving at the beach. When we were about ten minutes from the beach we could see huge grey clouds forming above us and it began to rain but stopped right when we parked at the beach. We grabbed everything and started walking in the sand. We stumbled, atleast I did, it was hard carrying so much and walking in damp lumpy sand. We set down the chairs and stared at the water for a moment then decided to move our chairs closer. Sheri was the first in the water and then Zach and me. It was very warm but I totally regretted shaving my legs the day before, it burned so bad in the salty water. Zach and I were joking around about being attacked by a shark and had only been in the ocean for maybe ten minutes when the life gaurd started blowing his whistle and waving a red flag. Everyone swam real fast out of the water and we all felt rain drizzling on us. So my crew and I picked up all of our belongings and went to the car to put everything in there until the rain stopped. It started pouring on us so we ran into a nearby restaurant and ordered some very delicious food. I had a philly cheese steak sandwich which was extremely huge but tasted great.
    Once the rain finally stopped and blue skies were right above us we headed back down the beach with everything and swam in the water for hours and hours. And yes, I am quite sunburned.

No comments:

Post a Comment